The Foundation has initiated The Alumni Directory project. In the next week or so, all CV alumni should receive a postcard in the mail asking that they update their alumni information. The goal is to be published by year’s end. The Board of Trustees is hoping that all CV grads participate in this great project to help us all keep in touch. Once a Colt, always a Colt! (This information is for the sole use of the CV Alumni and will not be sold or used to promote any outside organizations). Watch for FAQ to be added to this post shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions by Alumni
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Chartiers Valley Education Foundation. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Chartiers Valley Education Foundation to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
- Does Chartiers Valley Education Foundation benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – Allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – Preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – Generate non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – Wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Chartiers Valley Education Foundation has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Chartiers Valley Education Foundation for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Chartiers Valley High School. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Chartiers Valley Education Foundation any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Chartiers Valley Education Foundation or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
- I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Chartiers Valley Education Foundation project. The representative will verify all information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Chartiers Valley High School alumni is 1.866.571.0464.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590.
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Chartiers Valley Education Foundation Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Chartiers Valley High School alumni.
- When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in April 2020, the directories will be distributed in February 2021.
- Can I choose some or all of my information not to print in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590 or to the Alumni Association directly.
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590 and they will take care of this